2016 Video of the School of Architecture and Allied Arts Commencement (to be uploaded after event)
Spring 2016: As new information arrives, the links below will be updated.
Sunday, June 12, 2016
PPPM Department will be hosting a pre-commencement reception/recognition of our students on Sunday, June 12, from 1:00-3:30 on the Pioneer Mother Statue lawn west of Hendricks Hall. This is not a commencement ceremony. Families and friends are invited to attend. No rsvp required. Students may choose to wear their graduation robes as they wish. Bring cameras as we will not have a professional photographer at this event. (There will be one for the School's ceremony the next day.) PPPM students' Exit Project, Thesis and Capstone project posters will be on display for the general public on this day, in the Hendricks Hearth, 12:30-3:30. Students may then take their posters home afterward. ADA PARKING INFO: with the handicap hang tag showing on the rearview mirror, options for free ADA parking close to the building include:
- Hendricks Hall driveway handicap space;
- any space in Johnson Hall parking lot that does not have a "reserved parking at all times" number on the sign;
- on University Street at any meter that does not have a hood on it.
Photo above: Some of the PPPM graduates at Spring 2016 Commencement.
Monday, June 13, 2016 COMMENCEMENT DAY **NEW INFORMATION 2016!**
The School of Architecture & Allied Arts commencement ceremony is at 3:00 p.m., KNIGHT LIBRARY SOUTH LAWN--this is where the diploma covers are given out, names called, and professional photos taken. All graduates are required to wear their robes.
Who may participate?
Graduating students fit into one of three categories.
1. All students who apply for spring or summer graduation by April 8 (graduate students) or April 24 (undergraduate students) through Duckweb or Gradweb, or have received their degree Fall or Winter previously, will be included in the printed program and will have a ready-made name card printed and available at lineup on graduation day. Eligible terms are fall, winter, spring, and summer of the current academic year 2015-16.
2. All students who apply for (or have received) their degree through Duckweb or Gradweb after (need new dates) will be eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony but will not be included in the printed program. These students will have a ready-made name card printed and available at their department office (primary major) and handed out on lineup for the ceremony. Eligible terms are fall, winter, spring, and summer of the current academic year.
3. Pick up your Walk-Only card from PPPM Office (Zudegi) the week of June 6-9 Thurs. Do not lose it! This is the only card that gets you onto the A&AA stage. To be admitted to the walk-only list, a student must meet with the PPPM undergraduate advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org). As implied by the name, walk-only students are not listed in the printed program.
General commencement information is on the web at http://commencement.uoregon.edu
A&AA commencement information is on the web page http://aaa.uoregon.edu/commencement
The above section was updated 6/2/2016
Photos below: Carmen Kuncz, PPPM undergrad graduate, 2015
Student Commencement Pricing 2015 (PDF) (updated 4/17/15)
Important Commencement-related Dates (updated 4/17/15)
April 4-7, 2016: Grad Fair
Hours will be 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday and Tuesday and 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. Representatives will be present from Josten’s, Elite Frames, University Frames, CB Announcements, The UO Alumni Association and Grad Images Photography. This is the ideal time for all students to take care of their graduation needs. We are generally busiest on the final day so we encourage students to attend early in the week. Students who purchase a regalia package during the Grad Fair will receive (ask if there are special gifts this year 2016).
(2015) April 30: Last of Student Early Order Period
Beginning on May 1st all Student regalia package prices will increase by $10.00. This is due to the high costs of shipping on reorders.
(2015) April 23: Last day to order Custom-made Fine Regalia
To insure on-time delivery of fine regalia orders Josten’s needs 7 weeks of lead time. While we can order regalia after this date it may not be ready for the June ceremony.
For Faculty (updated 4/5/16)
For Families and Visitors
General Information Specific to PPPM and A&AA (AAA Website Commencement Information)
Events Surrounding Commencement (updated for spring 2016)
PPPM Pre-Commencement Reception, Sunday June 12, 1:00-3:30pm: Pioneer Mother statue lawn west of Hendricks Hall. No rsvp required, families and friends of graduates invited. Regalia optional. Exit project, Capstone, and Thesis posters will be on display in the Hendricks Hearth 12:30-3:30 for the public. Students may then take home their posters afterward.
School of Architecture & Allied Arts Commencement Ceremony, Monday June 13, 3:00pm, Knight Library, South Lawn. Regalia optional.
Last Updated: June 21, 2016