The University of Oregon has an enrollment averaging +- 24,500 students every year. The large enrollment of students indicates a large demand for student housing on- and off-campus. These housing choices vary from university dormitories, cooperatives, apartments, duplexes, townhouses and single family homes that can be a few blocks away from campus or on a bus route further away. The following is a list with links to university housing and housing related tips to find accommodation. The PPPM department suggests setting aside time before the academic year starts to find housing and settle in.
Helpful Links and Tips
- The University's Housing home page is: http://housing.uoregon.edu/ and will give you all the information you need about campus residence halls, dining, family housing and university apartments, residence hall internet connections, rates, catering and conferences.
- Family housing and university apartments are on this page: http://housing.uoregon.edu/apartments
- Resident hall applications can be found on this university web page: http://housing.uoregon.edu/apply
- There are many online free resources, some that pull from over 100 different listing sources, and some search engines that specialize in housing specifically for commuters and people without cars.
- The Chemistry Department has put up a very informative page on general housing in Eugene: http://chemistry.uoregon.edu/graduate/housing/
- For international students, the American English Institute has customized information about housing: http://aei.uoregon.edu/housing with a page on estimated costs: http://aei.uoregon.edu/iep/apply-now/costs
- Information on housing over Summer Session is here: http://housing.uoregon.edu/summer
- The University also has an off-campus housing guide: http://uodos.uoregon.edu/SupportandEducation/OffCampusLiving/tabid/63/Default.aspx
- The Dean of Students Office has housing and roommate information here: http://uodos.uoregon.edu/Programs/Off-CampusLivingandCommUniversity/FindingHousingandRoommates.aspx
- Local newspapers' classifieds sections contain additional housing options;
- There are also housing options in Student Cooperative Association : http://pages.uoregon.edu/asuosch/
This page updated February 18, 2015