The University of Oregon has an enrollment of approximately 21,000 students every year. The large enrollment of students indicates a large demand for student housing on- and off-campus. These housing choices vary from university dormitories, apartments, duplexes, townhouses and single family homes. These housing choices are located a few blocks away from campus often with property management contacts advertised. The following is a list with links to university housing and housing related tips to find accommodation. The PPPM department suggests setting aside time before the academic year starts to find housing and settle in.
Helpful Links and Tips
- The University's Housing home page is: http://housing.uoregon.edu/ and will give you all the information you need about campus residence halls, dining, family housing and university apartments, residence hall internet connections, rates, catering and conferences.
- Family housing and university apartments are on this page: http://housing.uoregon.edu/apartments/apply.php
- There is also residence housing information from the university's online catalog, here: http://uocatalog.uoregon.edu/enteringuo/student%20housing
- Resident hall applications can be found on this university web page: http://housing.uoregon.edu/reshalls/apply.php
ApartmentList.com and HousingList.com are free resources that pull from over 100 different listing sources. Each city is broken down into neighborhoods, highlighting pricing, noise level, nearby attractions, restaurants, shopping, etc. http://www.ApartmentList.com/or/eugene
- The Chemistry Department has put up a very informative page on general housing in Eugene: http://pages.uoregon.edu/chem/academics.html?housing
- For international students, the American English Institute has customized information about housing: http://aei.uoregon.edu/housing with a page on estimated costs: http://aei.uoregon.edu/costs
- Information on housing over Summer Session is here: http://housing.uoregon.edu/summerhousing/
- AutNo.com is a search engine that specializes in housing specifically for commuters and people without cars. You can view the site at: http://www.AutNo.com/ and the Eugene, OR rental page: http://www.autno.com/rentals/or/eugene/
- Aside from housing located near campus, there is also housing available by Autzen Stadium located northeast of the Willamette River. It is a 10-minute bike ride to campus, with frequent bus routes to campus and downtown Eugene.
- The University also has an off-campus housing guide: http://uodos.uoregon.edu/SupportandEducation/OffCampusLiving/tabid/63/Default.aspx
- The ASUO Rental Directory is a network of rental properties and sublets advertised by students and local property managers. For more information please check: http://asuorental.uoregon.edu
- The Eugene Register Guard Classifieds section contains additional housing options: http://homes.registerguard.com/
- Eugene Craigslist Housing: http://eugene.craigslist.org/hhh/
- There are also housing options in Student Cooperative Association : http://pages.uoregon.edu/asuosch/
This page updated January 17, 2014