Welcome to PPPM!
The Department of Planning, Public Policy and Management (PPPM) is concerned with the ways governments, nonprofit organizations, and other institutions address some of the most important problems facing society today. With the unique policy and planning environment of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, PPPM builds off this region’s international reputation for livability, pioneering planning, and innovative policy as we explore how to make the world a better place. To pursue these goals, the programs are organized around five areas of expertise.
PPPM is located in historic Hendricks Hall in the center of the University of Oregon campus in Eugene. PPPM is a strong and active community, where faculty and students engage with professionals and the community to research, learn and take on important leadership roles. At the end of each year, PPPM produces an Annual Review of our accomplishments over the past year. Read the current issue here.
This web site contains a wealth of information about PPPM, including our degree programs:
- Undergraduate major in Planning Public Policy and Management: with a focus on “Leadership and Change,” this degree prepares graduates for professional positions in a variety of public service agencies and organizations.
- Undergraduate minor in Planning Public Policy and Management
Undergraduate minor in Nonprofit Administration
- Master of Public Administration: this fully accredited degree prepares students for public service positions at the local, state and federal levels.
- Master of Community and Regional Planning: this fully accredited degree prepares planners for leadership positions in planning and planning-related organizations.
- Master of Nonprofit Management: this comprehensive degree prepares students for leadership of nonprofit and philanthropic (grant-making) organizations. Coursework is focused on the specific and unique skills required to lead effective organizations.
- Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management is a 24-credit certificate that prepares students for leadership in nonprofit and philanthropic organizations.
- Graduate Certificate in Oregon Leadership in Sustainability is a 24-credit certificate that prepares students to design sustainable solutions.
119 Hendricks Hall
1209 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1209
Telephone (541) 346-3635 | Fax (541) 346-2040
This page updated July 2, 2012